The United States receives heavy rainfall and cyclones, often leading to floods. While some areas are more prone to this damage than others, damage mitigation can get extremely tiring. Water damage restoration is a common process and yet a strenuous one.
Flooding does not only damage your property but also causes several other issues. If the high moisture content and the damped condition are not monitoring, mold and mildew can grow. In some cases, the severe fungus can also grow.
Additionally, flooding is not the only cause of water damage. It can also be accelerated by broken pipes, leaks, or higher humidity in the air. Such wet areas can also provide the best breeding ground for mold and bacteria.
Why Hire Professional Services for Water Damage Restoration?
All the damages mentioned above are challenging to handle, so one must invest in a reliable and professional water damage company in Ukiah like West Coast Fire & Water. We have many trained and certified specialists who have the required knowledge and expertise in handling extreme water damage conditions.
As an individual under crisis, you may not be aware on the water is seeping into your basement and other hidden parts of the space. The drying out process can get very complicated under these circumstances, but water damage experts can adequately assess the damage and help you mitigate the danger.
The Importance of Drying Equipment
In case of flood or any other kind of water damage, it is best to never go for any DIY method as it can worsen the damage and end up costing you more. The dry out is an essential step in water damage remediation, and we will discuss the reasons why. But first, the drying equipment is also very crucial.
Water damage mitigation companies use specialized equipment designed to help remove standing water from every nook and corner of buildings and prevent further damage. Professional service providers like West Coast Fire & Water can ensure a thoroughly clean and dry space with their industry-standard premium drying equipment.
With the best-in-class drying equipment, you can stay assured that your water damage mitigation work is in the best hands. Our specialists are trained to monitor your space immediately, assess the damage, note the humidity and moisture level in the premises, and begin the restoration work immediately. We ensure that your commercial space is back to its normal condition in the minimum possible time with our high-grade drying equipment.
The Importance of Dry Out Process
There are several steps involved in the process of water damage mitigation. Once your property has faced water damage, the first action to take is to call a professional team for damage mitigation. After inspecting your area and assessing the damage caused, the next step will be to extract the collected water. After this, one may think that the work is over. But the next step of dry out holds immense significance.
Dry out is the process of drying any property with advanced equipment after the removal of coagulated water.
Once the standing water is removed, your floors and walls may look dry, but they will be soaking wet if you touch them.
- Materials like wood and drywall are porous and can retain a significant amount of water. This retention of water can lead to swelling or breaking down of walls along with mold damage.
- Even the studs, subfloor, and insulation are particularly susceptible to water damage. If left wet or damp for more than 24 hours, studs and subfloor can affect the structural integrity of your home.
- Wet boxes or dripping storage units can also damage the floor.
So naturally, dry out becomes the most important next step to mitigate such severe damages. After this, with a deep cleaning and restoration, your property can be back to its usual form.
What is the Drying Process for Water Damage Mitigation?
The drying process is probably the most elaborate one, with various steps involved in water damage mitigation. Your professional water damage mitigation company will initially find the original source of the leak. They can also use thermal cameras. After this, they open all the windows to promote natural airflow. Closets and cabinet doors are also opened to speed up the drying process. After that, the following steps are taken:
- High-speed and powerful industrial fans are used to increase air circulation and mechanically dry out the house.
- Dehumidifiers, used next, can remove water vapor from the air and prevent moisture from building up.
- If there is any standing water left, then it will be pumped out.
- All the salvageable wet furniture and rugs are kept in a nicely-ventilated space for natural drying. Any sheet vinyl flooring or linoleum is removed for better evaporation.
- Blackboards, molding, and wallpaper are also removed to get rid of trapped moisture. Holes in drywall can help in getting it dry faster.
- Any professional water damage mitigation company will then place desiccant materials like clay calcium oxide and silica gel in your property to extract all moisture.
How Long Can It Take to Dry Out a Property?
The time taken to mitigate the water damage depends on the size of the property and of the damage. Most commonly, any area destroyed by a flood can take 4-5 days to dry. But this is only an estimate. Even the type of material in the property and the level of water retention can dictate the time required to mitigate the damage.
Water Damage Mitigation Services
Are you struggling with water damage on your property? Contact our reputable water damage company in Ukiah at (707) 462-5326 to hire our premium and professional water damage mitigation services.
With professional services, you can keep the damage to a minimum and restore the prospect of further damage. We understand the urgency of your issue, and so, we are available 24/7 for your service. Call us right away or visit our website to know more!